Help us save Victoria Farm

Buildings

Leggs

Leggs

 

LEGG'S


Topics: |

read more


Lancaster Store

Lancaster Store

 

LANCASTER STORE


Topics: | |

read more


Hotel des Erables

Hotel des Erables

HOTEL DES ERABLES


Topics: | |

read more


The Hudson Hosiery Company

The Hudson Hosiery Company

 

HOSIERY OUTSIDE


Topics: | |

read more


The Museum is Open!!

  

The new Hudson Museum and Tourist Information Centre opened its doors to coincide with the Hudson Street Fair on August 1 2009.  By means of old photos, artifacts and video screenings. the Museum presents a lively overview of our Town's history.

It will also function as a Tourist Information Centre where visitors will be able to  find directions to our wonderful hiking trails, Sandy Beach, the Greenwood Centre for Living History and other interesting local attractions. We hope in time to accumulate more artifacts and historical information about Hudson and the immediate surrounding communities of St Lazare, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Rigaud and Ste Marthe to make this small museum an integral addition to this amazing community. 

If you have any artifacts that you would be willing to donate or loan to the Museum for its display, please contact us via this link.

Please note that we have not yet established our regular opening hours, so please refer back to this site for more information.


Topics: |


New Home of the Hudson Historical Society

New Home of the Hudson Historical Society

Topics: |


St. Thomas Aquinas after the renovation

St. Thomas Aquinas after the renovation

                                                                                                                                             St. Thomas Aquinas church, early spring, c: 2002  [MWP]

 


Topics:


Ice House and yacht club

Ice House and yacht club

                                                                                                                                             The Wilson Company ice houses and the old Hudson Yacht Club located to the east of the Hudson Wharf.  MWP

 


Topics:


Mission Chapel, post 1905

Mission Chapel, post 1905

 

The date when this picture was taken is unknown.  However, it would had to have been after 1905--for we can see the back part of the presbytery, which was constructed in 1905, on the right--and before 1923, when the mission was elevated to the canonical status of a parish, and the chapel was remodelled and converted into the present-day church. [Proto courtesy of JGG.]


Topics:


Foundation

Foundation

 

Foundation stones of the Marcellin Farand dit Vivarais mill.  These stones are the earliest evidence of European construction in the Hudson area.  They likely were placed in position in the mid 18th Century.  They can be seen near the bridge on the old road leading down to the beach.  [MWP]


Topics:


Syndicate content